Being filled with the very Spirit of God is also a part of Salvation.
- The Holy Spirit and Holy Ghost are the very same Spirit of God.
- The Bible says that God is Spirit.
Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. KJV
- Being born of water is Jesus name baptism.
- Being born of the Spirit is the infilling of the Holy Ghost.
But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you. KJV
- If we want to be raised up in the "Rapture", which is the catching away of the Church, we need to be filled with God's Spirit.
How do we know if we are filled with the Holy Ghost?
2 And suddenly there came a sound from heaven as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled all the house where they were sitting.
3 And there appeared unto them cloven tongues like as of fire, and it sat upon each of them.
4 And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance. KJV
- Speaking with "tongues" is the initial sign that you have received the Holy Ghost.
And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues; KJV
44 While Peter yet spake these words, the Holy Ghost fell on all them which heard the word.
45 And they of the circumcision which believed were astonished, as many as came with Peter, because that on the Gentiles also was poured out the gift of the Holy Ghost.
46 For they heard them speak with tongues, and magnify God. KJV
5 When they heard this, they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.
6 And when Paul had laid his hands upon them, the Holy Ghost came on them; and they spake with tongues, and prophesied. KJV
Tongues is not the Holy Ghost, but it is a sign that you have received the Holy Ghost.
- Being filled with the Holy Ghost is still as true today as back in the Book of Acts.
- The term "Pentecostal" is experiencing the infilling of the Holy Ghost with the evidence of speaking in an unknown tongue.
- It takes more than just "Believing" to make heaven your home.
- When you believe, you obey the Gospel.
It's Part of the Gospel
- Peter is the disciple to whom Jesus gave the keys to the Kingdom.
38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
39 For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call. KJV
- This is the basics of SALVATION
- We at the Apostolics of Lowell are fulfilling the "Great Commission" and continuing the ministry of Jesus Christ--Come and Join us!